Re: sndvolmix causes kernel panic +

Subject: Re: sndvolmix causes kernel panic +
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 12:36:32 MST

Bob,

What kernel are you using? On CS 1.2, sndvolmix segfaults. This program
comes with the pmacutils package. We looked into these segfaults a bit,
and I'm told that this program was doing "strange things".

Anyway, your best bet for a mixer is gmix from the GNOME desktop. It seems
to work well.

> Hey all,
>
> Still trying to get sound to work.. thought that maybe the volume was just
> muted. Ran /sbin/sndvolmix... caused kernel panic. Can others with B&W G3s
> tell me (not through the list though) what kernel versions they are using,
> and how they got sound to work?
>
> My ultimate goal is to be able to listen to auio CDs and mp3/mod etc. files
> while using YDL.
>
> TIA,
> Bob
> ---------------------------------------
> "The knack to flying is learning how to
> throw yourself at the ground and miss."
>
> >From "Life the Universe and Everything"
> by Douglas Adams
>
> Robert Fout
> MacOS Guru and MkLinux/Yellowdog Linux User
> rfout@damien.edu
> http://osx.damien.edu/rfout/
> ICQ# 48433406

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/