Re: YellowDog 1.2 on RS/6000 42T (microchannel bus)?

Subject: Re: YellowDog 1.2 on RS/6000 42T (microchannel bus)?
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 16:03:02 MST

Alexandre,

Microchannel based RS/6000s will not be supported in the near term. I
can't even promise they will ever be supported. Microchannel is a
proprietary bus and IBM has no interest (that I am aware of) in getting
Linux to run on these.

I'll make sure that our hardware list gets changed to reflect that
Microchannel RS/6000s are *not* supported.

Regards,
Dan