Re: SSH Troubles

Subject: Re: SSH Troubles
From: Dennis Murphy (dmurphy@leguin.montclair.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 06:39:45 MST

If it's connecting and then dumping you out, then it sounds like possibly TCP
Wrappers is booting you out.

Have you checked hosts.allow and hosts.deny?

The SSH protocol is sshd in hosts.{allow, deny}. I.E.:

(this denies everything from everywhere, except ssh and ftp, which are allowed
from everywhere):

hosts.allow
-----------
sshd, in.ftpd: ALL

hosts.deny
ALL: ALL: \
twist /bin/echo "---> Insecure connection not allowed. <---"

---
  Dennis Murphy
  Montclair State University
  College of Science & Mathematics