Re: does yellowdog have ssh?

Subject: Re: does yellowdog have ssh?
bryan@tummy.com
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 10:19:45 MST

>Might I ask which source you used? (Where did you get it?)
>
>>On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 MacPiano@AOL.COM wrote:
>>
>> > I need to know if ssh is compiled for the powerpc?
>>
>> I compiled it from source. It works just fine.

You can get some SRPMs for OpenSSH here:

http://www.tummy.com/krud/srpms/openssl-0.9.4-3.src.rpm.html
http://www.tummy.com/krud/srpms/openssh-1.2.2-1.src.rpm.html

To compile them do a `rpm --rebuild openssl-0.9.4-3.src.rpm` and a
`rpm --rebuild openssh-1.2.2-1.src.rpm`. After they're done compiling
you can cd to /usr/src/redhat/RPMS and you should find a few rpms in
there. Install the openssl rpms first and then the openssh rpms and
you should be good to go.

OpenSSH works just like regular ssh, but it doesn't contain any
patented or proprietary pieces.

Bryan

--
http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix