Ethernet

Subject: Ethernet
From: Mark P. Brada (mpbrada@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 17:30:33 MST

I'm running CS1.1 on my Mac 6500/250 and everything seems to be fine
except that upon booting into YDL I find that my internet connection
dies after a random period of time that lasts anywhere from 30 seconds
to about 30 minutes. Once the connection is terminated, I'm finding
that any command that I send which accesses my ethernet card, a Kingston
KNE110T, simply hangs. My ethernet card is connected to an Alcatel ADSL
modem, which is then, of course, connected to my phone line. Any ideas
at all? The card is using the DEC tulip driver and seems to work
perfectly up to that point where it hangs up. Any help would be
appreciated.