Re: YUP 0.6.1

Subject: Re: YUP 0.6.1
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 18:59:05 MST

Stephen Edie wrote:

> New version of YUP is online. (Give the mirrors some time :) The new
> version fixes a command line option handling bug and includes a switch to
> disable the initial dependency check. This option (--ignore-deps) may be
> helpful to those upgrading from a system with broken dependencies.

Upgraded to yup-0.6.2 since it was the latest in the archive, and tried to
update xscreensaver as you had suggested previously on the list. Here's the
results:
[root@Penguin njolly]# /usr/sbin/yup install --ignore-deps xscreensaver
Reading RPM database... (100%)
Performing dependencies sanity check...
Error: Unable to satisfy dependency libgck-1.1.so.2 for package gimp
[root@Penguin njolly]# /usr/sbin/yup --ignore-deps install xscreensaver
Reading RPM database... (100%)
Retrieving distribution information...
Done transfering... 255B in 0.5s at 545B
per/sec Retrieving initial package list...
Done transfering... 637kB in 12.8s at 49.9kB
per/sec Downloading package list updates...
Done transfering... 783B in 0.5s at 1649B
per/sec Integrating updates into local package
list...
Reading package list... (100%)

As requested, I will do the following:
[install: xscreensaver]Error: Unable to satisfy dependency libgck-1.1.so.2
for package gimp

Incidently I did install xscreensaver by hand, and that did satisfy that
dependancy. This one is the next mystery I guess since I have version 1.1.2
of gimp installed with the exception of gimp-libgimp, which for some reason
is still at 1.0.4-7.

--
Neil Jolly
Coming at you from Yellowdog Linux - another MICROS~1 free OS!