Re: iMac and YellowDogLinux

Guillaume Grenier (gollum@videotron.ca)
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 18:44:59 -0500

On 3/9/1999 18:43, Matthew McCleary said in living color:

> It sounds to me as though Yellow Dog may in fact be the only distribution
> that supports the iMac. I personally have been very disappointed by
> LinuxPPC on my G3/266, and will be ordering Champion Server when it comes
> out.

I don't know a whole lot about Yellow Dog Linux but isn't it mostly based on
code from the LinuxPPC project, only with some minor tweaks, maybe a
modified (or new) installer and the promise of superior installation
documentation and support?

I would tend to consider that the behavior/performance of Yellow Dog Linux
wouldn't be much different from LinuxPPC's.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Guillaume Grenier