1.1 upgrade problems

Subject: 1.1 upgrade problems
From: perry (perryp@shore.net)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 07:22:43 MST

I upgraded CS 1.0 to 1.1 last night, and i can't log in now. according to
the readme, i need to boot in single user mode and "reset my password."
fine. how?

i boot into single user mode, but i can't run passwd - it's an 'unknown
command,' and i don't know where it lives - there's *nothing* in my /usr
directory, and passwd lives at /usr/bin/passwd on a redhat5/sparc machine i
use at work.

also, everything is read-only, so i can't delete my passwd or shadow files,
or edit them.

suggestions? please? i *could* reinstall from scratch, since there's
nothing of importance on that install, but that would be a pain.

-perry