Re: time sync?

Subject: Re: time sync?
From: Jason P. Stanford (jps3@Lehigh.EDU)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 17:43:05 MST

  If you don't need a high-degree of exatitude, and are part of a larger
network (ie. a university), you could simply use 'rdate -s
server.foo.bar' to set your clock. I am in such a situation and have
several YDL boxes that simply have a cronjobs that do this every 2 or 3
hours to one of the university's ntp boxes that have the appropriate
time server set up. So, these boxes are usually no more than a second
off, which is perfectly acceptable for my usage, and I didn't have to
spend a lot of time futzing with ntp.

--
Taurus: (April. 20--May 20)
Try as you might, you will be unable to convince the judge that the