XFree68 support for Rage128 on B&W G3?

Subject: XFree68 support for Rage128 on B&W G3?
From: Ra Minassian (SunofRa@netscape.net)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 21:16:47 MST

Hi all.

Has anyone been able to download and use the XFree86Dev-r128 stuff available
at linuxppc.org on a B&W G3?

I'm running CS1.1. I tried following the excellent directions at Robert Shaws
Blue G3 Linux page at http://www.linuxppc.org/BlueG3/

I got the 2.2.6 kernel and the X-server binary and installed them as indicated
but when I try to run Xconfigurator, it doesnt like ANY of the resolutions
available. So I'm working at the console for now (runlevel 3) until I can
figure it out (I WONT go back to X until I have 1024 X 768! : )

Is there something I missed? A special maneuver for CS1.1 machines perhaps?

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!
Thanks!

Raffi Minassian
**Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge,
but confer with the ignorant man as with the learned... -Maxims of Ptahhotep,
Dyn. V **