Re: ydl1.1 & pmac 7200 woes

Subject: Re: ydl1.1 & pmac 7200 woes
From: benjamin kline lowengard (ben@tiac.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 16:31:05 MDT

Hmm, I've installed linux with YD on several ppc machines, some many times over
to play around with installs. I've only used os 8.1 and up. This is
my routine.
I use a cleanly installed system folder. Make sure
diskimage and vm is loose in the system folder (make newones from the cd)and
instead of installing the bootx Control panel, keep it out of the
system folder and click on it
after your mac boots. (is your 7200 using native video/ethernet?)
I turn on the ramdisk and check "use RAM Disk " and " No video driver "
The VMkernal is the sole kernal option.
I install the control panel after i install linux, after the Pdisk reboot.
I have this one machine with Linux, Beos, Darwin, Squeak,(and Virtual
PC) and MacOS
on it and it seems to work in each environment pretty well (it's a 7500) .
Good Luck,
-benjamin lowengard

benjamin lowengard * ben@tiac.net * ben@mediaone.net
                                                       www.tiac.net/users/ben