TCP/IP Printer (was Re: Newbie woes)

Subject: TCP/IP Printer (was Re: Newbie woes)
From: Urs Hochstrasser (hochstrasser@cyberlink.ch)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 03:30:29 MDT

Hi,

Anders Svensson wrote:
>I'm using Asante LocalTalk. It gives me a ethernet connection to the
>apple-talk laserprinter. That might help.

Yep. I do the same thing, use AsanteTalk and the Netatalk software to
print to my DeskWriter.

Speaking of printers, how do I get a LaserJet 2100TN to work under
YDL? This Ethernet PostScript printer can be accessed on the LAN
using its own TCP/IP Address, but I couldn't yet figure out how I
must configure Linux for it. Could someone give me step by step
instructions to set this up? Thanks a lot!

Cheers
--Urs

Urs Hochstrasser Urs.Hochstrasser@unibas.ch
Botanical Institute, Hebelstrasse 1, CH-4056 BASEL
SWITZERLAND Phone +41 61 267 23 07