Re: One monitor, two computers?

Subject: Re: One monitor, two computers?
From: Urs Hochstrasser (hochstrasser@cyberlink.ch)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 13:32:15 MDT

Hi,

Jason wrote:
> Is there a way I can share my 20" (beige) Apple Colorsync monitor
>between a Blue & White G3 (running MacOS) and a Beige G3/300 running
>YDL? Some sort of switch? What about the ADB port on the monitor? Please
>help! (I don't have enough desktop space for both computers *and* two
>monitors... And the fact that I hardly ever work directly on the YDL
>server, but need it occasionally).

If you just want to use the console, you could install SSH on the YDL
box, run it without a monitor at all and acces it with NiftyTelnet
(with SSH), so you can log in as root. I do this with my 7100 MkLinux
box all the time...

If you find out how to use SSH tunneling with a Max X client program,
tell me. It would probably be great fun...

Cheers
--Urs

Urs Hochstrasser Urs.Hochstrasser@unibas.ch
Botanical Institute, Hebelstrasse 1, CH-4056 BASEL
SWITZERLAND Phone +41 61 267 23 07