booting problems...

Subject: booting problems...
From: Michael Feld (mfeld@iname.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 18:29:27 MDT

Hi...

I booted into my linux partition and it froze. Rebooted and it went
through forced file system check. Told me that it couldn't complete
the repairs and was going to give me a shell to run fsck manually.
Asked me for the root password, which I gave, and it rejected it
everytime. I am POSITIVE I am typing the correct password. It's
been my own password for years. The only other option is to cntrl-d
into normal boot, which fails and it reboots the computer and I'm
right back where I started. Is there anyway to run fsck from a
floppy or some other way so that I can complete the repairs and get
into the system? Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.
Thanks...

-Michael

I t'ink I'll paste dis pat'etic palookah wit' my paralyzing,
perplexing, perfect, pachydermus percussion pitch....

-Bugs Bunny