Re: sockets

Subject: Re: sockets
From: Paul Schaap (paul.schaap@dingoblue.com.au)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 21:07:04 MDT

David,

"David P. Riedel" wrote:

> some other messages on this topic pointed out the need to remove big file
> support. once i did that, i was up and running.
>
> now i'm trying to figure out how to import a bunch of table definitions that
> i have stored in a file in the form of sql define table statements...

Make sure you have a ~/.my.cnf like so :-
[client]
password=yourpassword
with 'chmod 600 ~/.my.cnf' permissions.

Execute the sql files like this :-
mysql -vv dbname < ProspectCreate.sql

Where ProspectCreate.sql looks something like this :-
CREATE TABLE Prospect (
        account CHAR(10),
        prospect INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
        name CHAR(40),
        title CHAR(4),
        first CHAR(15),
        surname CHAR(30) NOT NULL,
        surdex CHAR(4) NOT NULL,
        address1 CHAR(40),
        address2 CHAR(40),
        suburb CHAR(30),
        state CHAR(3),
        postcode CHAR(4),
        phone1 CHAR(10) NOT NULL,
        phone2 CHAR(10),
        mobile CHAR(10),
        fax CHAR(10),
        email CHAR(30),
        nocontact CHAR(1),
        username CHAR(30),
        updated TIMESTAMP,
        PRIMARY KEY (prospect)
);

Or you can do this in a shell script :-
mysql -vv dbname << EOSQL
  SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Prospect;
EOSQL

Hope this helps :-)

> thanks for your response.
>
> dave
>
> schinder@pobox.com wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 11:15:17AM -0400, David P. Riedel wrote:
> > } hi,
> > }
> > } i've got ydl 1.1 installed on my machine with a bunch of the development
> > } tools. i have downloaded mysql and built it. it seems to have built
> > } ok, however, it doesn't run because it can't open a socket for
> > } communication.
> > }
> > } is there a socket library or package of some kind that i need to install
> > } too?
> >
> > No. I have 3.22.25 running on my YDL machines. Exactly what error
> > messages are you getting? Did you remove Big file support from
> > configure before you built it?
> >
> > }
> > } thanks for any help
> > }