Re: xmms on a B&W G3

Subject: Re: xmms on a B&W G3
From: Michael Messano (messano@dicomed.com )
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 10:11:33 MDT

>video=aty128fb:vmode:18,cmode:32
>
>don't forget to uncheck the no video driver

        Well, it didn't work well at all. When I rebooted and set
the commands up in BootX, the console flipped resolution like normal,
but everything was unreadable and garbled. It looked squashed and
shifted, with an almost window-pane like quality. I could see the
edges of the "drawn" area within the limits of the monitor, and it
appeared that the normal boot messages weren't making it onto the
screen. It was a static image, and from the colors and organization,
it looked like it drew the first prompt, and then fritzed. Amazingly
enough, X started fine and the monitor was reset and all was well.
However, the enlightenment segfault problem still occurs, as does the
WindowMaker colormap error. Now, I can't get the console to reset at
all. I deleted the BootX options, and it did not help. I also reset
my Pram with TechTool, but that was unsuccessful as well. Is there
any way to reset the hardware to get rid of this problem? I
considered resetting my motherboard, if that is even possible on a
G3, but wanted some input before I start poking hardware. Any
suggestions?

Michael

Windows is not the answer. Windows is the question.
: The answer is No.