flashing screen

Subject: flashing screen
From: Zhongmin Xiong (xzm@leland.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 00:23:12 MDT

Hi, There:

I installed CS1.1 on my imac(Rev.B), it runs very well. I just have one
question about the display. During the installation, I choose the
resolution to be 1024 * 768 and 16 bit color depth. I didn't change the X
configuration later. I observed at the right side of my iMac screen, a
short white bar is flashing up and down. It doesn't bother me to do my
work, and I am not sure whether it is normal, or may be harmful to the
monitor. Can someone tell me what cause it? is it because something in the
XFree86Config is not set up correct? Thanks for your help.

Zhongmin