Re: PowerCenter Ethernet problems

Subject: Re: PowerCenter Ethernet problems
From: Howard Shere (hshere@greendragon.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:00:59 MDT

> They are and aren't the same architecture. As I understand it, the
> PowerCenter is a Catalyst architecture while the PowerCenter Pro is a
> Catalyst+. The latter incorporating the ATI video and some enhancements to
allow a rated 60mhz bus.

> Actually, though, I'm starting to think the problem is not the Mace, but
something more fundamental. (See folowon message)
> --
> John Ruschmeyer
> jruschme@mac.com
>

> From: Tom Tarka <tommy@mp3.com>
> Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 17:45:17 -0700
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
> Subject: Re: PowerCenter Ethernet problems
>
> John Ruschmeyer wrote:
> It's definately not a problem with the physical port. I've actually tried
> both... both work well under MacOS. The AAUI works slightly better under
Linux, but is still useless.

>>From what I can tell, the problem I'm having is pretty much related to the
> problems had by 7200 owners trying to use the on-board Ethernet...

I had MACE errors as well, but I had a an Asante card in my machine and I
got that to work without any trouble (once I found the right places in
config files to change to make it use the card).

I have a Power Center Pro 180 (the mini-tower). It is a 72xx based board.

 Gridz 1.3 ---- www.gridz.com ---- NetSpace will never be the same again
Howard Shere | Green Dragon Creations | Water Valley Interchange
President | 301 N. Main St. | P.O. Box 70
Software Sculptor | Water Valley, MS 38965 | Water Valley, MS 38965