Booting directly into linux

Subject: Booting directly into linux
From: Jag (agrajag@linuxpower.org)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 17:08:16 MDT

I have an old-world PPC (a 6500) that I would like to get to boot
directly into Linux. I was looking over the CS 1.2 docmentation and it
said that I would have to use bootx which requires me to boot into MacOS
first. I find this very unsettling that a server distro requires you to
boot into another OS first. This makes it a real PITA to run headless
(as many servers are) and also wastes hard drive space for the other OS.

If anyone knows of a way to get CS1.2 to boot directly into linux on an
old-world mac, please let me know.

Thanks

Jag