Re: Booting directly into linux

Subject: Re: Booting directly into linux
From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 17:24:25 MDT

At 4:08 PM -0700 8/10/00, Jag wrote:
>I find this very unsettling that a server distro requires you to
>boot into another OS first.

Why? Do you find it unsettling that systems use a boot rom to boot a
system, too, since those are basically mini-OSes?

> This makes it a real PITA to run headless
>(as many servers are)

why? Mine run's just fine headless. I can't think of a reason why
this boot setup would cause problems with it, either.

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"