Re: Many questions: reboot, energysaver, airport, SSH, keyboard shortcuts

Subject: Re: Many questions: reboot, energysaver, airport, SSH, keyboard shortcuts
From: Carole E. Mah (carole@goon.stg.brown.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 12:35:56 MDT

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Maurice van Steensel wrote:
> > I'm running the latest YDL on an iBook (original iBook). I have an airport
> > card installed. I am using BootX, not yaboot.
> Use yaboot. Then you can use the latest kernels and have sound.

When I tried yaboot, following the faq_bootloader.html page, I got the
error message "LOAD-SIZE too small" -- what does this mean?

Also, after installing the Airport CP and Extensions on the MacOS
partition, I now weirdly cannot get into linux using BootX, even though I
was able to earlier. Now I just get the black splash screen with penguin,
it fills with words, and then it disappears and the machine shuts itself
down too quickly for me to see where it was in the boot process prior to
dying!

thanks,
-carole
  Carole E. Mah Carole_Mah@Brown.edu
              Senior Programmer/Analyst
    Brown University Scholarly Technology Group
                  phn 401-863-2669
                  fax 401-863-9313
              http://www.stg.brown.edu/
personal: http://www.stg.brown.edu/staff/carole.html