A few Questions...

Subject: A few Questions...
From: Israel Alvarez (is@isaka.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 09:46:50 MDT

Oh all knowledgable list, I am but a poor seeker of knowledge and have but a
few miserable questions...

1) Is there a listing of HOWTOs for various common functions? I'm trying to
figure out the following:
    - How to compile and install a kernel (I must be doing *something*
wrong, 'cause I keep getting kernel panics using BootX...
    - How to build a kernel config from the existing kernel that I can just
modify
    - How to finally get 3-button mouse support with a Wallstreet powerbook
    - How to set up Video in and/or Speech support under YDL
    - How to get MOL running

2) I seem to remember when I was first messing with LinuxPPC (a couple years
ago) being able to mount (read and write) Linux partitions under MacOS. I've
found the utility by the author of BootX but it only mounts read-only.

3) Where can I go to find out what the best XWindows config for my
Wallstreet is? It seems slower than it should be

4) An up-to-date searchable web archive for YDL lists? Alternately, any
recommendations (or a HOWTO) on setting up my own?

I thank you in advance...

--

Israel Alvarez is at isaka dot net propellerhead without portfolio isaka studio "information wants to be anthropomorphised"