Re: Can't shutdown

Subject: Re: Can't shutdown
From: Martin McWhorter (m_mcwhorter@prairiegroup.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 09:02:43 MDT

yes you can.

Im not sure about Mac OS, but with YDL and cdrecord you can make a bootable
CD-ROM from the RH 6.2 image. Then you would use dd to make the boot
floppy.

NOTE: You probably will not need to make the floppy as the RH 6.2 CD is
bootable on most PCs. If you x86 supports bootable CD you will not need the
floppy. The general rule is if its an i586 (pentium class) or better you
can probably boot from CD.

Martin