Multibutton support problem again...

Subject: Multibutton support problem again...
From: Kevin Heflin (kheflin@shreve.net)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 08:31:20 MDT

Just recently installed YDL on an older G4. Finally got 24bit color
running after finding some suggestions in the mail list archive.

All that's left now for me to do, before getting some real work done, is
multi button support for my Turbomouse. I have found numerous questions
regarding this in the mail list archive, but haven't found any solutions
yet.

It was suggested to me to get a kernel from Paul Mackerras's site. Wasn't
sure how to proceed from that point. What I did do was download the
precompiled binary from linuxcare.com.au and used that vmlinux file to
replace the one I keep on my macos partition... is that correct ?

Anyway, that didn't help my turbomouse any.

What I have is an older G4/450 with imate adapter, using an old Apple
extended keyboard and a 4-button Keinsington Turbo Mouse.

I have a new Kensington TurboRing Trackball (USB) at work I could switch
out with at work if that would be easier to set up.

But any help at all setting this up would be much appreciated.

Kevin

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Production         | 333 Texas St #175    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net