Re: XF4 configuration

Subject: Re: XF4 configuration
From: Charles Stevenson (csteven@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 15:30:22 MDT

> The only method I know of right now for XF4 configuration is to take a "stock"
> (meaning "hacker-written") XF86Config (which you can find in Howarth's
> directory) and modifying it.

I have it working here just fine... I just had to add in a line for the Apple
Studio Display's modes, Jack did all the work for me aside from that... (THANKS
JACK! ;)

BTW, all those complaining of a sluggish desktop should take a look at XF4... I
can play lxdoom and tuxracer, I can even move a transparent Eterm with color
and alpha mods over the desktop while cat /dev/urandom running within it...
updates very smooth no hitches on my B&W G3.

[OT: XFree 4]:
It's the x86 side that is giving me trouble... I thought it would go flawless
with the Voodoo3 because that's a very well supported card these days, yet I
can't seem to configure it to work nearly as well or with even close to
resolution I achieved with XFree 3 so I think I'm going to switch back...

Regards,
Charles

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.