Re: Boot-CD doesn't contain System Folder?

Subject: Re: Boot-CD doesn't contain System Folder?
From: Alan Orth (aorth@mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 04:02:13 MDT

On 8/6/01 2:55 AM, "Philip Zvar" <pzvar@hotmail.com> wrote:

> After creating the YDL-2.0 CD from the iso image my B&W G3 (this is a New
> World Rom, no?) won't boot up from the CD, not even when holding the C-key
> or selecting the CD as a Start-up Disk in the control panel (I get an
> error-message on screen, which I can't recall at this moment).
> It seems that the iso image contains two partitions; 'YDL-2.0' and 'PPC'. I
> only made a CD from the YDL-2.0 partition; correct or not?

Well, what OS are you running? It seems in my experience that the Startup
Disk Control Panel in most of the more modern MacOSes won't even let you
select the YDL 2.0 CD as a startup disk, is it greyed out. So the fact that
you were actually able to select it and have it give you an error makes me
think that maybe you have an older version of MacOS?...

I cannot boot from the install CD via the Startup Disk Control Panel,
either... But I can, however, use the C key during reboot. :)

Hope this helps.

--
Alan Orth
aorth@mac.com