Re: G4 with Nvidia video card

Subject: Re: G4 with Nvidia video card
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 15:33:11 MDT

Denis,
It is not a conspiracy. It is just that these things
take time for Linux developers to get going
with little or no support from the vendors.

ATI Radeon cards are now working...
except an update from Terra Soft in
just a few days..

Nvidia support is just around the corner.
We have provided a driver developer
the hardware needed to make this support
happen. I expect that in a few weeks time
I will have an update.. and perhaps a beta
kernel for folks to try.

Luckily, once NVidia is supported,
it will be much easier to support new cards
released from them. So unless Apple decides
to change video card vendors once again,
we shouldn't have these sorts of 6-month long
waits in the future.

-Dan

--

Regards, Dan Burcaw Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.