Re: 8139too & kernel 2.4.8?

Subject: Re: 8139too & kernel 2.4.8?
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 04:55:14 MDT

Aake,

Have you tried editing the atalkd.conf file for Netatalk? (it may be in
/etc/atalk). It should contain a line at the bottom that references your
new Ethernet card. If not, try deleting any "eth0" line and restart
netatalk to make it rebuild the configuration.

on 19/8/01 10:28 am, Aake Svensson at aakesve@algonet.se wrote:

> Is there something I've missed in configuring appletalk? I've noticed
> that there are a few new appletalk modules in kernel 2.4.8 but when I
> tried to compile them all into a new boot kernel the compilation
> failed with an error "1".

It's possible you've selected conflicting options. For example, you need
ipddp support but, if compiled in, you can't have both encapsulation and
decapsulation support ie in the .config file within the linux source
directory you should see these lines:

CONFIG_APPLETALK=y
CONFIG_IPDDP=y
# CONFIG_IPDDP_ENCAP is not set
CONFIG_IPDDP_DECAP=y

I'm running netatalk on a 2.4.8-pre kernel OK.

  Iain