Re: [OT] Mailing list manager reco's?

From: Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 23:47:55 MDT

On 8/21/01 8:57 PM, "Sam Moore" <samiwas@macconnect.com> wrote:

> Hi folks.
> Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on EZMLM, Majordomo, Listar, etc.
> Must run on our favorite distro, of course :-)

Mailman. EZMLM wants to run with qMail, I believe. If you run postfix, it
won't be hugely happy. Majordomo has fallen way behind the technology curve.
I wouldn't recommend anyone use it today. Listar is okay. Sympa is pretty
good, too. Mailman is my favorite. It's only real weak spot, if you can call
it that, is that it is written in python, which bothers some folks. 2.0 is
quite good. 2.1 (in development) is going to amazingly kick butt.

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

I recommend the handyman's secret weapon: duct tape.