Kppp, Wvdial, PPP dialer not working.

Subject: Kppp, Wvdial, PPP dialer not working.
arm3@infi.net
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 07:48:11 MDT

this has happened several times. I am running YDL2.0 and it was working
fine, but stopped. I get this msg from kppp:

XLib: extension "Render" missing on display ";0.0"

I looked at all my configurations and they look good.
In WVDial I have all my settings right, just the same as when it was
working. When I try to run Wvdial i get a warning that I don't have a
valid phone number, username and password. they are in the WVdial.conf
but for some reason are not being read.

PPP dialer crashes as soon (after 1-2 seconds) as the connecting dialog
comes up.

The kppp interface crashes at connecting, and blanks out like netscape
used to do all the time.

I have reinstalled, but that didn't help. I can connect using this
modem in the MacOS, and I get faster connections than my G4.

I am running a beige G3 with 128mgs ram and a Viking 56k modem.

TKS

If you wish, contact me at my return address.

Al