Re: Installing on Old World G3

Subject: Re: Installing on Old World G3
From: Jennifer Charrey (tsubasako@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 15:04:17 MDT

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the clues so far. Yes, my hard drive is installed correctly, and
my friend and I have tried both master and cable select jumper settings, but
Linux still can't detect any drives. Right now, except for the 30G hard
drive, the computer is in the same state hardware-wise as when I bought it.

I start by partitioning the drive, then install Mac OS 9.1, then BootX, then
restart into the Linux installer, which doesn't find any hard drives. Also,
my hard drive is IDE not SCSI so I don't know if Tae's tips about changing
the ID # will apply.

And this is for L.S.: I was formatting the Mac OS partition as HFS+ and the
YDL partition as unallocated, like the installation instructions said. But
my question is, since you have the exact same setup, how did you partition
*your* machine?!

Thanks, Jenn (who is about ready to exorcise her G3)