Re: Unable to compile kernel 2.4.8.

Subject: Re: Unable to compile kernel 2.4.8.
From: Jose M. (josemanuel@valux.org)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 13:23:03 MDT

El dia Monday 27 August 2001 20:42, escribiste:
>% If nobody sends you a .config (I would, but I use neither 2.4.8 nor an
>% iMac), try the following:
>%
>% Step 1: It will take some time, but just go around in menuconfig and
> get % help on everything in question. Include what you would like, etc.
> %
>% make dep, make vmlinux.
>%
>% Step 2: move your mouse around a bit during the process so the screen
>% won't go blank. I don't think the blanking has any effect, but it
> might. %
>% Step 3: If there's an error message (i.e. the kernel won't compile)
> take % note of it and go back to the menuconfig. eliminate the source
> that's % giving the error.
>%
>% You say you're a newbie, so I'm not expecting much. Perhaps you've
> done % this part already -- I have no way of knowing. I've been running
> into a % ton of trouble with kernel compiling for 2.4.7, but after much
> trial and % error I got it to compile with sacrificing only NTFS
> support. (Some of % the other stuff I substituted)
>%
>% Good luck,
>% John Norair
>%

Thanks for your support John, I'll continue trying until it runs, that's
the only thing I can do by now :)).

I'll send .config file to the list if I can run it.

--
Salu2.
.-

Visit http://www.valux.org ************************** Jose M. Laveda josemanuel@valux.org P.O.Box. 70 CULLERA - Valencia (Spain) **************************