Re: XFree86-4.0.1 rpms and fonts

Subject: Re: XFree86-4.0.1 rpms and fonts
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 23:30:20 MST

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Hollis R Blanchard wrote:

> I am currently having some missing font issues (which I welcome feedback
> on) - fonts like Helvetica seem to be missing, although they were
> installed with the -75dpi package...

Just to follow up my own post, I installed the ISO-whatever package and
that seemed to help the fonts a lot... although I'm still missing
"lucidasans-10", which seems to be awful popular. Netscape, for example,
is determined to present only ugliness, even after trying each of
4 different ugly fonts from its Font menu.

-Hollis