Re: PowerMac 8600 with Sonnet ATA PCI Card

Subject: Re: PowerMac 8600 with Sonnet ATA PCI Card
From: Paul Guba (gubavision@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 13:06:33 MST

I has a similar problem with an 8500. I did this created a small mac
boot partition for bootx on ide drive. The remaining disk is
unallocated. Disconnected all other internal drives connected to the
machine except CD ROM of course. Install went fine after that. I did
not have the sdb instead of hda problem however. The theory behind
these cards is that they trick the machine into seeing it as a scsi
device. In my case it appeared as hda.