Re: Apache as a proxy server

Subject: Re: Apache as a proxy server
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 02:48:43 MST

Brian Mayton wrote:

> Yes, I'm using the YDL-supplied Apache, and I'm pretty sure the mod_proxy
> isn't there.

Checking the version of apache that is supplied with YDL v2.1, the proxy
is definitely included:

/usr/lib/apache/libproxy.so

Make sure you use the LoadModule directive correctly to load the module,
and then the AddModule directive to make sure it is enabled in the right
order in the module list. This should be as simple as uncommenting the
existing lines from the default config file.

> Couldn't I just download the correct binary and install *just* mod_proxy?

mod_proxy is an integrated part of Apache, so no this isn't possible -
but it shouldn't be necessary, as all distributions I am aware of ship
with it included.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon