Re: Book Recommendation

Subject: Re: Book Recommendation
From: Roger Chrisman (rogerhc@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 19:12:59 MST

Hi,

I'm baby suit new to Linux, too, and I am enjoying Paul Sheer's

      Linux:_Rute_User'_Tutorial_and_Exposition

which I recently found on the shelf at Borders. It's a fat,
comprehensive *but* beginner friendly Linux course in a book! <<DOES
NOT cover PPC specific stuff though.>> This is in Prentice Hall's
Open Source Technology Series and copyrighted 2002! Don't ask me what
that means here in 2001; my guess: Prentice Hall knows we want recent
publications. Sheer seems to thoroughly explain everything -- perfect
for *me* because I have no background in UNIX and crave to have
everything explained -- I find it an interesting read which means I
may actually read it instead of just using it for reference -- Sheer
is talking to me in a language I can understand, NOT over my head,
and he goes DEEP enough to be interesting, not just skim the surface.

US$39.99 at Borders

Cheers,

Roger