Just trying to start it up

Subject: Just trying to start it up
From: Brian (....)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 08:50:36 MST

Hi everyone. I have a 500mhz iMac DV+ with 30 gigs of HD space and 128 RAM.
I purchased the YDL Champion Server 1.2 in an effort to familiarize myself
with the Linux environment. All installation went well. So I thought. I
am able to get right to the point of restart, meaning the software gets
installed "okay". When I try numerous different ways of booting into linux,
it acts as if its not there. I have tried to two methods of botting. The
one with the option key and the command line one. The one with the option
key will think about it for a second, then decide that it can't find linux.
The other way just, well, I forget, but doesn't work either. The ONLY
hangup I can think of that I ran into (after installing and partioning about
10 times) was when I was designating space to the swap disk and what not.
When I confirmed my table creation, linux said something like "error, cannot
read back table, re-load to confirm table creation". Sure enough, when I
continue with the install, its right there, and everything seems cool again.
Does this sound like I partioned with bad partion types or something? ANy
help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks all! Sorry its soooo long :)