FBDev problems with WindowMaker-0.80.0

Subject: FBDev problems with WindowMaker-0.80.0
From: sfalken (sfalken@citlink.net)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 11:37:49 MST

Hey there folks, just have a question or two.

I'm running YDL-2.0 on my Performa 6360, with the display set to 800x600x16,
60Hz in MacOS, but YDL doesn't seem to be picking that up, or at least I
can't tell if it is, what should I look for in DMESG to indicate what the
video is set for? but in any case, after running Xautoconfig4, I fire up
WindowMaker, and then bump over to have a look at /var/log/XFree86.log.0, and
it tells me that the 800x600 test failed, and that I'm running in 8bpp.
Anybody have any ideas on this one? is there a way to force video settings?
 like with lilo or loadlin on the x86 stuff??

                        --Shawn