Monitor Resolution (URGENT)

Subject: Monitor Resolution (URGENT)
From: Chris Alden (mohotsaucemoproblems@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 21:02:14 MST

After installing YDL 2.0 on my 333mhz blueberry imac,I realized that even though I had selected 800x600 atinstallation to be my default resolution for mymonitor, 1024x768 was my default. So, I went tokonsole and tried:
fbset -yres 800 -xres 600
which caused my system to go to sleep. When itfinally awoke, it was still in 1024x768. Is there anyway I can change the resolution??? Will upgrading theYDL 2.1 or using a different distro alltogether work? Please help, this is VERY straining on my eyes.