Re: Farallon Com Slot II Ethernet Card

Subject: Re: Farallon Com Slot II Ethernet Card
From: Drew Lane (drewlane@qwest.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 18:49:19 MST

I think I'm running out of things to try to get this Ethernet
Card working in my Performa 6360 with YDL 2.1

I have tried recompiling the kernel with just the tulip driver
and excluding the generic DEC driver, with no luck.

I have also recompiled the tulip.c source and put it in a
module, but I still can't get it to work.

It really looks like the driver is loading properly, but I
can't use DHCP, and I can't ping a thing (hey, it rhymes!).

So, I'm hoping there is something very simple that I'm overlooking
here, but I can't think of anything else to try.

Is there a very simple way to verify that the driver is installed
properly and working as it should?

The green light on my ethernet card has been flashing at not
so regular intervals. In Mac OS, it's on all the time (and works).

Can anyone confirm that this driver (tulip) works with kernel 2.4.10-12a ?

I'd be happy to get a simple ping at this point...

Thank you!

Drew