problem with ethertalk and appleshare ip in mol

Subject: problem with ethertalk and appleshare ip in mol
From: Karen Boyette (tokimi@collapsar.net)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 22:05:23 MST

Hi guys,

I'm running ydl2.1 with mol 096. i have mol configured to use a
different ip address than linux. tcp/ip under mol works great, but i
can't see computers outside of my mac under appletalk. i can access the
netatalk server running on my mac via its ip address, but the appletalk
requests are not being passed to the ethernet card, meaning *no*
computers appear in my chooser, not even my internal netatalk server.

i've done some research and find vague information about a device called
tap0 and ethertap, but no specific information about how to set this up
or if this is even my problem. how can i get ethertalk requests
forwarded to eth1? i need to talk to machines that don't understand
appleshare over ip. can anyone give me some pointers?

cheers,

karen