Re: start linux - openfirmware?

Subject: Re: start linux - openfirmware?
From: Juan Manuel Palacios (jmpalacios@mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 01:58:43 MST

        Another solution is to boot into Open Firmware with "cmmd-opt-o-f".
Once there just type:

setenv boot-device hd:x,,\\:tbxi

        Where the "x" stands for the partition number of your bootstrap
(yaboot) partition. After this just type "mac-boot" and the computer
should proceed to boot into yaboot. But be vary careful about the syntax
in Open Firmware, it is very sensitive to it. Some mistake would just
produce some error to which OF will just respond asking you to fix it,
but other mistakes could cause BAD results!

        Best regards,...

                Juan.