Re: Installer hangs during while formatting partition

Subject: Re: Installer hangs during while formatting partition
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 10:02:40 MST

I understand you as follows:
You have created a single 900MB HFS Standard partition in MacOS with
Drive Setup, and left the rest as unallocated (free space).
You have about 3GB available for Linux.

Personally I would have the MacOS partition as HFS+ (HFS Extended), and
possibly add a smaller HFS (HFS Standard) partition if you need to share
files with Mac/Linux; but that's just my opinion. 3GB should be lots for
Linux.
Also, I would have the bootloader as the next partition on the map,
followed by root and swap as last. Again, just my opinion.

I'm not sure what the problem could be, but it seems you have lots of
space for Linux and it should be installing. Perhaps someone on the list
with PB experience can shed some light.

One possibility is an incorrectly created install CD; check out my doc
to be sure you created it correcly.

If you need details/instructions for burning your YellowDog Linux CD use
one of the following links:

To read the document online in your browser:
http://homepage.mac.com/wollyworld/.cv/wollyworld/Public/burn_iso_ppc.htm-link.
htm

To get a downloaded copy of the file for future reference:
http://homepage.mac.com/wollyworld/FileSharing1.html

... and select the file named:
v1_burn_iso_ppc.htm