Re: Mol and bootstrap

Subject: Re: Mol and bootstrap
BillT@Mahagonny.com
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 13:21:56 MST

On 1/9/02, chris bragg wrote:
>Hi all
>
>When I use mol in YDL 2.1 the bootstrap gets lost the next time I boot my
>laptop any ideas as to how I can stop this happening. When I lose it I have
>to use the OF prompt to get back to the wonderful world of linux or if this
>fails reboot from the cd-rom and rewrite the bootloader, which erases all my
>yaboot.conf configurations. Is there another way of restoring the bootloader
>settings and not overwritning existing settings.
>
>Many thanks for any help.

I had the same problem. You have probably gone into the MOL config
and set your Mac partition to Read/Write as in:

blkdev: /dev/hda -rw

This is why MOL is mounting your bootstrap partition and corrupting
it. You need to change this entry to only mount your specific Mac OS
partition like so:

blkdev: /dev/hda9 -rw

Good Luck!

--
BillT@Mahagonny.com - PGP KeyID#: 0xFB966670

"Crappy old OSes have value in the basically negative sense that changing to new ones makes us wish we'd never been born." -Neal Stephenson 1999