Re: Really disappointed in YDL2.1

Subject: Re: Really disappointed in YDL2.1
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 15:08:19 MST

--On Saturday, January 12, 2002 4:52 pm -0500 Christopher Murtagh
<chris@music.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Mark Jaffe wrote:
>> environment? RH on Wintel allows alt-opt-bacskpace or some such
>> keystroke.
>
> This should work on YDL as well, if not, then likely your machine
> crashed, not just X.

This is not strictly true. During my experiments with the Radeon card I
found it was possible to get to a situation where the screen was black and
alt-opt-backspace would not stop X. However, the machine was accessible
via ssh and seemed to be running fine. I rebooted it over the ssh link
thus avoiding the fsck issues.

  Iain