Palm sync with G3 Bronze

Subject: Palm sync with G3 Bronze
From: Bill Thompson (Billt@Mahagonny.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 13:40:38 MST

Hello,

I am running YDL2.1 on a Powerbook G3 Bronze with kernel 2.4.10-12a from
RPM. I have been trying to get my PalmIIIxe to sync with Jpilot on either
the IrDA port or the Palm USB/serial adapter with no luck. Each time I try
to access either of these ports, I get an error of kernel modules failing
to load.I had the same problem trying to get CUPS working until I told it
not to scan for serial ports at start-up. It looks to me like the Mac
serial support was not loaded into the kernel when it was compiled. Has
anyone else had this trouble?

--
BillT@Mahagonny.com - PGP KeyID#: 0xFB966670

"Crappy old OSes have value in the basically negative sense that changing to new ones makes us wish we'd never been born." -Neal Stephenson 1999