RE: G4 TI Power Book X Configuration

Subject: RE: G4 TI Power Book X Configuration
From: Joe Villari (joev_nylxs@pipeline.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 10:57:46 MST

Thanks Will.

Sounds like a plan. Should include the fact you also need to:

Start the installation - only 'install-text' works. Go until you get to the
'Default/Custom' installation page, then switch to the second virtual console
(hold down 'option' & 'control' & 'fn' - in that order - and then hit 'F2').
You'll see the BusyBox> prompt. Now, type

echo 0 > /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/check_media

which will change the value from 1 to 0 (you can cat the file to make sure).
Now switch back to the first virtual console, 'option' & 'control' & 'fn'
then 'F1'. You will be able to continue on and pick the Media, etc.

To get the CD to work. GEEEEEEEZ

Does YDL 2.1 offer an easy way to upgrade kernels? Can I down load it
to a MAC OS and the burn it on CD?

Thanks Again

Joe