Re: 7200 YDL 2.0 Video issues.

Subject: Re: 7200 YDL 2.0 Video issues.
From: Shawn Dunn (osirusg@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 13:18:33 MST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Lalonde" <glalonde@canada.com>
To: <yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 12:08 PM
Subject: 7200 YDL 2.0 Video issues.

> Hi.
>
> I did manage to get YDL 2.0 installed on a 7200/120 without many problems
> but, when you boot the thing the video goes nuts. I managed to find a fix
by
> doing a 'fbset' in rc3.d to reset the video. Which works buts is not the
> cleanest thing ever. Also X just will not work.
>
> placed fbset 800x600-75 -depth 15 in file in rc3.d, which will reset the
> video to a readable form. Also, my monitor does NOT support VGA
> mode(640x480).
>
> Anyone solved the problems?
>
> Got tomcat/ant and my website up and running :-)

Offhand, give Xautoconfig4 a whirl, I had no luck foa while after a rather
bad crash, getting X to fireup on my Performa6360, and then I ran
Xautoconfig4, and the bloody thing started working again.

                --Shawn

PS. There's and Xautoconfig3 in /usr/X11R6/bin as well, but it doesn't work
on my system, not sure why, or what the difference is between 3 and 4, but 4
was the one that worked for me.