DSL help needed

Subject: DSL help needed
From: Rich Dolinsky (r.e.dolinsky@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 22:51:49 MST

I have verizon dsl. I just tried to get it running in linux using rp-pppoe
using yellow dog. I set it up all according to the adsl-setup and rp-pppoe
readme, yet I can still not get connected. All I get is adsl-start trying
to start without doing anuthing (ie no activity on the modem). It
eventually times out. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I had
previosuly been able to set it up using Suse linux and tkpppoe, but I can no
longer find the rpm I had downloaded for suse. Please help..i need this for
school. I need to do my java in linux and i need access to telnet and ftp
for my compiled programs.