Re: Where is iptables in YDL 2.1 distro?

Subject: Re: Where is iptables in YDL 2.1 distro?
From: Alexander Holst (holst@fh-pforzheim.de)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 02:30:02 MST

Hi list,
Hi Dan,

>> > Where is the rpm for iptables in the 2.1 distro? I couldn't find it on
>> > either the install nor the extra CD.
>>
>> It isn't there. For whatever reason or lack thereof, YDL did not include
>> one. You will need to download and compile the iptables program. I believe
>> you will find it at netfilter.samba.org. Make sure you read all the
>> readme's. The installation may want to patch your kernel source, and you may
>> not want to do this unless the patches are needed. In my experience, the
>> compilation went without a hitch. If you are set on an RPM, you can look on
>> yellowdoglinux.com to see if they finally made one, or check rpmfind.net for
>> a PPC compatible version or a source RPM.
>
>Yes, it is there. Check the Tasty Morsels CD.

I have a CD labeled "Yellow Dog Linux version 2.1 for Apple PowerPC Tasty
Morsels CD" and issued the following commands:

[user@mdvk-036 user]$ find /mnt/cdrom -name *ip*
/mnt/cdrom/YellowDog/ppc/cipe-1.4snap-1.ppc.rpm
/mnt/cdrom/YellowDog/ppc/ipxutils-2.2.0.18-3.ppc.rpm
/mnt/cdrom/YellowDog/SRPMS/cipe-1.4snap-1.src.rpm
[user@mdvk-036 user]$ find /mnt/cdrom/ -name *tabl*
[user@mdvk-036 user]$ find /mnt/cdrom/ -name *net*
/mnt/cdrom/YellowDog/ppc/netscape-4.73-8a.ppc.rpm
/mnt/cdrom/YellowDog/SRPMS/netscape-4.73-8a.src.rpm
[user@mdvk-036 user]$ find /mnt/cdrom/ -name *filter*
[user@mdvk-036 user]$

So, how is the RPM for iptables called? I found one on the Tasty Morsels
from 2.0 - is that recent enough to be used - can it be used with YDL 2.1?

Thanks for any info.

Greetings,
Alex

Alexander Holst
SysAdmin MacLabor Visuelle Kommunikation
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
Germany
ph.: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx.: +49 [0]7231 28-6040
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>